Coates International, Ltd. Executives at US Pentagon Meeting. President and CEO, Mr. George J. Coates, and President of Technology Division, Mr. Gregory G. Coates, attended a meeting at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. with top executives from The United States Office of the Secretary of Defense on Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
For Immediate Release
Wall Township, NJ – (Marketwire – October 20, 2014) Coates International, Ltd. (OTCQB: COTE) (“The Company”) the company was contacted by The United States Office of the Secretary of Defense who have expressed an interest in the Coates Spherical Rotary Valve CSRV Engines for use in The United States Armed Forces. The meeting took place on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. In attendance were US Government Officials from The United States Operational Energy Plans and Program Office of the Secretary of Defense:
• Mr. Robert Warshel, OSD ATL, Director of Operations, OUSD ATL
• Mr. Arnold C. Dupuy, CTR OSD, Mission Assurance Analyst, OUSD AT
• Mr. John Jennings, OSD ATL, Director for Innovation, OUSD ATL
• Mr. Bret M. Strogen, CTR OSD ATL, AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow
• Mr. Jonas G. Bateman, CTR USARMY HQDA DCS G-3-5-7 (US), Rapid Equipping Force
• Mr. Etzel O. Ferguson, CTR OUSD, OUS ATL, CURRENT OPERATIONS
• Mr. Timothy E. (Tim) Hill, CTR USARMY PEO CS CSS (US)
Coates International, Ltd. President and CEO, Mr. George J. Coates, comments: “The Company was contacted one month ago by The United States Secretary of Defense Office regarding the Coates CSRV Engines for possible use by The United States Armed Forces. The Company is now to supply technical details of the CSRV system and savings in fuel and other technical advantages of the engines. Here at Coates, we are prepared to do whatever it takes to assist The US Defense Department. A new subsidiary company was established in the USA, Coates Hi-Tech Engines Ltd., for the production operations to manufacture the Coates CSRV products here in the USA. The Company is also prepared to license the technology to other manufacturers that are already established in the USA.”
The Coates Spherical Rotary Valve Engines have shown in numerous tests in a 6 cylinder Mercedes 380 SE Saloon car operating on gasoline.
• Lower fuel consumption by approximately 18%. Passed emissions standards and was registered for use on US roads. This engine was retrofitted in 1993 and is still operational today. No servicing was carried out on that vehicle. No oil changes in 20 years.
• Industrial 6 cylinder 855 cubic inch natural gas CSRV engine was completed in 2005. Numerous tests were carried out over long periods of time and lots of modifications were incorporated over time. This natural gas CSRV engine - electric power generator was independently tested under full load putting out over 100 KW. It passed emissions and showed a 27.5% to 30.4% reduction in fuel consumption.
• A Coates CSRV 1600 cc V Twin motorcycle was tested under full load and passed emissions by 50% and fuel reduction 18%.
• All these tests, including A and B tests, were carried out under instructions of The United States Environmental Protection Agency by an independent testing fuel and emissions laboratory in New Jersey.
• These products are now ready to be manufactured in production.
Companies and individuals that would like to receive brochures with tests included may contact the company giving their full name and postal address. The company will send these brochures to them free of charge.
There can be no assurance that the Company will be successful in any of its endeavors.
Safe Harbor Statement:
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Please see our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Our public filings with the SEC may be viewed and printed on the website maintained by the SEC at http://www.sec.gov.